Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just a thought...

Okay, guys. We're going into serious mode again. Sorry, but this has been on my mind.
So around three hours ago I was like
 "gee, I should really work on my blogs, because I have to write, like, fifteen or something by Monday, and then I'll be like 'I don't have my blogs done and-
-'."
(You're welcome, Mary)
and that determination (ha ha yeah right) turned into
 "who am I kidding, I live for procrastination".
So, I decided I'd better catch up on the many vlog channels I'm subscribed to on YouTube, and a young English gentleman named Charlie said something that really made me think about myself.
I hadn't noticed this, but Charlie hasn't really been posting as many videos lately as much as he says he would like to. He's also trying to write a script of some sort (that's what I got from the video, at least) but every time he sits down and tries to write or make a video, something stops him. He says it's because he's afraid, and he thinks he's afraid of the viewers. 
Charlie's kind of like me. He says he's shy, and he would do things to make the people at school like him, like magic tricks. That's actually the reason he got a YouTube account, he says. And I guess he realized that, by the vast number of subscribers he has (he has a looooooooooooooooot), that they liked him. And that means a lot to him, I guess. But lately he says that he's afraid that if he posts something that his subscribers don't like, then they might stop liking him, and that's why he's afraid of posting stuff now.
It wasn't until I actually sat down and took the time to watch this video that I realized I'm like Charlie. I'm afraid of putting myself out in the open. I dread project presentations. And, honestly, sometimes I get scared about putting stuff on this blog, because I'm afraid of what people will think of me. Lately, I've been trying to get out of that habit of backing out because I'm scared of how people will react towards me, and I suppose it's going okay.
That's about it. Just wanted to share my thoughts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment