Sunday, March 10, 2013

Interrupting this string of short stories because...

...I have so much stuff to do, and am stressed with so much more. In the past four hours, I've succeeded in completing my math and vocab homework, but have yet to read pages 47-97 of Night and finish a worksheet on it. Also, I still have to finish my 20 blogs, which this entry is going towards. Really, the reason I'm rambling on is because I feel kinda guilty. 
I feel selfish, too. For the last few weeks, I've skipped out on Youth because of how much homework and projects I have. Every Sunday, sometime between three and six, I get the same text from him. 
"Youth?"
     I'm tired of having to reply with stuff like "I can't, I have a project to do," or "I'm totally worn out because I spent the last twenty-four hours at a friend's house and I'm beat". Honestly, I'm mad, because I would have had these blogs done, like, two weeks ago if it weren't for the other classes. I think it's kind of insane to have one student turn in four projects in different subjects on the same day or in the same week. 
        But that's not really the main problem. I feel like I'm blowing him off, because this is the only time I get to see him. We're both so busy during the week, and when one of us asks the other if they want to do something like a movie or something, it is at the most inconvenient time. Seriously, three or four weeks ago, he asked me if I wanted to go see Les Mis with him and some friends. I sincerely wanted to say yes, but I'd already promised to babysit my little sisters. Mostly, why I wanted to go so much, is because I'd spoken to him about it so much before then, and he wanted to see it with me his first time. I'd told him to text me afterwards and give me his thoughts on it, and honestly, I thought he would forget. He is, and I'm not the only one who thinks this, the champion of ignoring texts. But he did text me back after the movie, and told me he enjoyed it a lot. I told him that when it came out on DVD, we would watch it together, and he agreed. We also planned to watch this other movie together, and that was two weeks ago. Since then, we've barely talked. We haven't watched the movies. Today, he'd texted me for the first time in the last week. I told him sorry I couldn't go tonight, but I missed talking to him. Apparently, he misses me too. I hate the fact that, no matter how close we are, he thinks that Youth is the only time we can see each other. I hate that so much. I'm really trying to keep hoping and wishing that he likes me back, and I know he's forgetful and stuff, but I just don't know. 
Because he didn't wish me a happy birthday.                                         ~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment